Carol E. Macpherson Memorial Scholarship Application for Academic Year 2022-23
Welcome. We look forward to receiving your application!
Before beginning the application form, please make sure you have reviewed all eligibility requirements listed below.
Our scholarship approval committee will use the following criteria for awarding scholarships:
- Well-written personal statement [ Download Tips and Examples Document ].
- Two strong reference letters indicating educational goals and academic promise.
- Evidence of past academic achievement.
- Woman-identified student with at least a 5-year gap in educational career (need not be consecutive years).
- Additional considerations (not required): Pursuing first undergraduate degree, and/or first generation in family to attend college (parents/guardians do not hold a degree from a four-year college). Feel free to include other special circumstances that the Selection Committee might consider.
- Financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- Scholarship is only applicable for Minnesota schools.
For the application process, please note that you will need the following information:
- Your most recent college or university admission letter or proof of enrollment.
- Ability to show a ﬁve-year or greater gap or break in your education – the ﬁve years do NOT have to be consecutive. Note: If you have received the Carol E. Macpherson Memorial Scholarship in the past, you are not eligible to receive it again.
- Must have submitted a FAFSA application (if you are not eligible to complete a FAFSA, you are unfortunately not eligible for this scholarship).
- Transcripts from each of the institutions you have listed. Oﬃcial transcripts are NOT required — unoﬃcial transcripts are acceptable. You will upload these later in the application.
- Personal Statement. [ Download Tips and Examples Document ].
- Two signed letters of recommendation submitted as a PDF or Word documents directly via this link by the deadline date below. [ Download tips for applicants requesting letters of recommendation ] and [ Download Directions for recommenders ].
- Consent to Release Information form. [ Download consent to Release Information form ] and forward to your financial aid office for completion. Please make sure they email the completed form back to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date below.
DEADLINE: August 12, 2022, at 4:30 p.m.
For further information, please see the full Carol E. Macpherson Memorial Scholarship site, or contact us at email@example.com.